We (try to) answer all your questions in our FAQ.
Our mission is to facilitate the success of environmental campaigns by creating a powerful networking tool for activists and volunteers, including travelers, experts and organizations.
Perangua is an online platform that connects environmental activists and their allies, who may be able to assist with their campaigns. We bring global attention to local campaigns and provide useful, professional, and personalized help to all activists protecting nature and local communities. We encourage travelers to identify campaigns they can support, grow their activism, and seek self-improvement by gaining in-depth knowledge in environmental conservation.
In Perangua we believe that a network of activists and conscious travelers can make a change in every remote place of the world.
Perangua is an independent initiative developed by a group of friends coming from a range of backgrounds and countries including Bulgaria, Spain, France, Poland and the Netherlands. What unites them is a passion for the world and its diversity, a deep-rooted need to contribute to preserving its natural heritage and communities, and a core belief that, by uniting behind shared values of sustainability, diversity and inclusivity, we can create a movement powerful enough to drive positive change for all.
Every person, community or organization that has the determination and motivation to participate in environmental campaigns can contribute to the network. The contribution can be on-site, by visiting the areas of the campaigns, or remote, by sharing information and offering services online.
If contributing to building a brighter and more sustainable future sounds exciting to you, you are more than welcome to join our movement!
Perangua provides practical resources to travelers:
- Interesting / unknown places to visit.
- Accommodation and food provided by activists (in some cases).
- Events and activities (folklore festivals, nature sports, ecotourism, etc.).
- Authentic local “touch” and experience far from the boring tourist attractions.
- Understanding of local culture.
- Saving time, energy, and money.
- Finding local organizations.
Perangua also provides resources that may be of personal interest:
- Opportunity to make a positive impact.
- Skill-building and learning from activists.
- Realization of personal projects alongside access to help and collaboration.
- Nurturing of inspiration and a sense of purpose.
- A chance to test your limits.
- Reducing the footprint of travel.
- Learning something new!
The platform also addresses such social reasons as:
- Meeting like-minded people
- Joining other travelers
- Dismantling prejudices and even finding a partner!
Thanks to Perangua’s team of developers and collaborators, this service is provided for free, personalized, and professional. Our aim is to offer everyone the opportunity to communicate and collaborate within this platform in order to work towards building a more sustainable future.
Within the platform you can:
- Search for helpful information.
- Ask for or offer assistance. find support for similar or related issues from travelers and experts.
- Network with like-minded people.
You may also:
- Share experiences and learn from other activists.
- Connect similar campaigns in alliances.
- Develop monitoring tools about impacts on local people and nature.
- Spread the word about your campaign by posting on social media and blog.
- Analyze successes and failures, brainstorm solutions and alternatives to unsustainable development.
Most environmental campaigns lack significant resources to have any chance to challenge large corporations and governments putting pressure on our ecosystems and endangering our world heritage. As an expert or professional specialized in one or several fields of activity you can provide valuable knowledge and knowhow to campaigns all over the world.
On each campaign page you can see the specific type of expertise needed to better understand the local context, conduct appropriate studies and carry out an effective plan of action. By offering your help to campaigners you ensure they can be better equipped to uphold environmental as well as social and inclusive standards and practices
The fields of expertise campaigners are looking for include (but are not limited to):
- Renewable energies
- Sustainable development
- International development
- Project and event management
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Research and analysis
- Communication management
- Social media management
We welcome support from all organizations that share our values. We believe that cooperation is the best way to make our voice heard!
Perangua does not compete with other organizations fighting for a common cause. Quite the contrary, we intend to facilitate collaboration between individuals determined to change the course of history by joining forces in order to defend our world heritage. Please get in touch to see how we can work together.
Together we can:
- Launch joint pressure and boycott campaigns
- Share experience and best practices
- Mutually increase our exposure on media and social media
- Pool our resources
Our database brings together initiatives from all over the world
GLOBAL NETWORK OF LOCAL ACTIVISTS
You are an individual, a community or an organization committed to supporting a greener and more sustainable future? You share our values and want to connect with us? Get in touch!